I am a direct descendant from the Rudkins, the Mooneys, the Cairds, the Rowes and the Morgans.
And I am writing an
account of the people I came
from, the genetic soup that created me, my family and who we are.
While discovering my roots I have discovered stories that made me laugh and made me cry.
It is those stories that I will share with the readers of my book so that they might understand the lives of those that went before.
The births, deaths, loves, joys and hardships of my people.
While discovering my roots I have discovered stories that made me laugh and made me cry.
It is those stories that I will share with the readers of my book so that they might understand the lives of those that went before.
The births, deaths, loves, joys and hardships of my people.
Below: My Grandfather Edgar Charles (Bob) Morgan and my Grandmother Isabelle Grace Morgan nee Row.
My Mother, Noeline second daughter of Bob and Grace, learnt to shoot on the farm before the family moved into town. Taking pot shots at magpies with a German Luger she became a crack shot.
When my Father Len Payne first dated Noeline he took her out with mates rabbit shooting in the sand dunes around Wanganui. Condescendingly he offered Mum the 22 for a shot.
Undeterred at all Noeline spied a bunny and raising the gun to her hip shot it between the eyes. Rumor has it that was the day Len fell in love with Noeline - my Mum and Dad.



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI would be interested in hearing / reading more about your family. Although it is the Rudkins that interest me. In my family tree two different Rudkins married into the Cassan family
ReplyDelete